Thursday, December 20, 2012

Day 22: Reclaimed Wood and Ribbon Rosette DIY

I've got another DIY to share with you. This one cost me nothing, and there's a good chance it won't cost you a thing either.


Step one: Obtain a piece of wood, tile, or another solid rectangular surface. I picked up a square of wood laminate scrap at a flooring store. It was free, and already distressed from sitting outside for who knows how long...perfect for this little project!

Step two: Create rosettes from wired ribbon. I used 3" wide metallic red ribbon I had lying around in my wrapping pile. Cut the ribbon into (9) 9-12" pieces. Wrap the ribbon around your index finger as shown, then pinch the bottom together. The wire should help hold the rosette shape after you've shaped and made any little adjustments.


Step 3: Hot glue your rosettes to your reclaimed wood or other surface in a small grid. Make sure there is little to no space between your rosettes. Press them down if they try to pop up!


Final step: Display this little piece of decor on your mantle, bookshelf, or attach mounting hardware and hang. Another thought I had was that these ribbon rosettes would also look gorgeous on a wreath.

This is my last Christmas download/DIY for 2012 and I hope you've all enjoyed them. Stay tuned for 2 more downloads from Sharon!

2 comments:

tll said...

Great idea and one I can definitely do. Thanks for sharing!

markson said...

Wonderful blog post. This is absolute magic from you! I have never seen a more wonderful post than this one. You've really made my day today with this. I hope you keep this up! reclaimed heart pine